Kids have the wittiest of questions and the quirkiest of answers. Combine the two with a long summer break and we have a really exhausted parent.
But hey, we know how you could use your kid’s questions to your advantage, while also getting them to learn a thing or two. Cha-ching!
Plugo Count – a math-based game combined with storytelling, that enables kids to learn math hands-on! But, before you take the dive, here’s a small little activity that’ll help you get a head start – Riddle me this!
What you’ll need:
- A0 size sheet and cardboard
- A pair of scissors (optional)
- Marker pen
- Sticky notes in different colors
How to play:
Step 1: Glue the A0 size sheet on the cardboard to make a game board.
Step 2: Write questions on the game board that need to be answered by your child, using mathematical equations.
Step 3: To add a dash of color, have your child answer on sticky notes and place it anywhere around the question.
Some fun questions you can write are:
1. How old do you think Santa is?
2. This summer, how many times did you help mommy in the kitchen?
3. How old will you be in 7 years?
4. How many times have you seen <your child’s favourite TV show/cartoon/movie>
5. How many toys do you own?
6. How many states are there in the USA / countries in North America?
Now play any game of Plugo Count to not just improve but put your math skills to test.
Tag us in your social media channels using hashtag #SummerFunWithShifu and let us know about the ‘ball’ you had!